Foreigners from designated 45 states can apply for registration of the Ukrainian electronic visa (e-Visa), issued for one-time entry into Ukraine with a tourist or business purpose for a period of up to 30 days.
Please note that due to temporary restrictive measures aimed at preventing the spreading of the severe respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), E-Visa service thus will not be available for applicants up until early April 2020.
Due to usual course of making e-visa (after preventing measures due to COVID-19 will terminate), such an option will be available to foreigners from the following countries:
Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bahrain, Bahrain, Bolivia, Bhutan, Vanuatu, Haiti, Guatemala, Honduras, Guinea-Bissau, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic, Cambodia, Qatar, Kuwait, Laos, Mauritius, Mauritius, Mauritius, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Oman, Palau, Peru, Salvador, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Fiji, Jamaica.
For e-Visa obtaining followings steps are to be done:
- Register on the web-platform of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs evisa.mfa.gov.ua
- Fill out the visa application form online.
- Download a photocopy and scanned copies of documents:
– passports – a valid health insurance policy (with coverage of at least 30,000 euros);
– a document confirming the availability of sufficient financial support;
– a document confirming the tourist / business nature of the trip to Ukraine (hotel reservation / tourist voucher / travel services agreement / invitation of a legal entity registered in Ukraine, etc.).
- Pay the online consular fee (US $ 85) by bank card.
The decision to grant an e-Visa or a visa refusal is sent to the applicants by e-mail within 9 working days from the day of successful registration of the application form and payment of the consular fee.
To enter Ukraine, you need to print the received e-Visa and present with the passport the border authorities of Ukraine (e-Visa is valid for entry to international border crossing points).
On November 14, 2018 the Government of Ukraine adopted the following decision:
- to abolish from January 01, 2019 issuance visas upon arrival in airports. For the foreigners of the respective 44 countries (see below) electronic visa (e-Visa) can be issued. At the same time the possibility remains to process all types of visas through the Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine;
- to change from January 01, 2019 the fee for electronic visas (e-Visa) for entry into Ukraine from 65 to 85 USD;
- to increase the number of purposes upon which the electronic visas (e-Visa) for entry into Ukraine can be issued.
In addition to business and tourist purposes, from January 01, 2019 electronic visas (e-Visa) for entry into Ukraine for foreigners can be also issued for such purposes as private, medical treatment, conducting activity in the sphere of culture, science, education, sport, as well as for foreign mass media representatives with the aim of fulfilling their service obligations.